Our One-to-one bike care lessons
People often ask us how to get the most out of their bike: from how to ride it properly to how to keep it in top condition between services.
Whether you're new to cycling, a seasoned rider – or somewhere in between – we can offer you a unique, customised bike care lesson that helps you maximise your bike and your time in the saddle.
Our lessons are unique:
- Each session is one on one: just you and one of our friendly, experienced mechanics who knows how to explain things in plain English.
- You can work on your own bike, so it's in better nick by the time you leave.
- Your lesson is customised to cover exactly what you and your bike need. If you're a beginner, you may want to have a go at our Beginner's Bike Care programme. If you're an experienced home mechanic, you may want to master something tricky, like replacing your transmission. And if you're somewhere in the middle, you can tackle anything from riding skills to basic maintenance. It's up to you.
- We can go for a spin with you and give you tips on how to get the most from your bike. If you're new to riding – or you're starting again after a long break – you'll find this part of the lesson really useful.
New cyclists often have the same questions and concerns. So to get you off on the right pedal, we've designed a special one-hour beginner's lesson that covers:
- how to pump up your tyres (the most common fault we see!)
- where, when and how to lubricate your bike
- the best way to store or park a bicycle
- basic adjustment of brakes and gears (you won't need tools)
- simple fault finding (how to listen to your bike and understand what it is trying to tell you!)
- going for a ride so we can see how you use your bike and provide suggestions to help you improve
- the option of learning how to remove a wheel, repair a puncture and change a tube.
The nuts and bolts
- Lessons are available 7 days a week between 9.30am & 5pm.
- A lesson lasts one hour and costs £35. You can also request a two-hour session for £70.
- It's best to bring your own bike, tools and pump along, so you can learn with what you normally use. Or you can work with one of ours if you prefer.
- Refreshments are included, as well as protective gloves, oils and lubes.
- You'll get 20% off our Care Kit too, if you decide to buy one on the day.
If you would like to book a lesson for yourself or someone else please Contact Us.
Terms and Conditions
- Bike Care Lessons must be paid for in advance and are not refundable